Due to the floor being replaced, I had to start with making new exhaust hangers. These consist of a strip of steel bent to a right angle, then a brace welded across one side. This brace also acts as the hanger. The bracket was then bolted to the rear of the boot floor and also the front lower edge of the rear valance.
Then I turned some tubes on the lath to pack the hanging straps. This stops the straps being over tightened and crushing the rubbers. then it was all offered up to mark the hanging bolt holes in the hangers, while making sure the box hangs square and level.
Here, I am cleaning out the old Body-chassis mounting points. Using a tap and wrench with oil. I ran the tap through each of the 12 mounting threads to remove built up rust and debris. This is well worth doing as this is a common rust point. getting the bolts out originally was quite a job, so be sure to give the a good coating of anti seize before inserting the new bolts. I am using copper ease. (this should be done on most nut and bolt fixings)